Thursday, February 25, 2010

Blue and Gold 2010

For those of you who didn't know, I am currently the Cub master for our ward.  I love this calling and have a lot of fun planning and participating in the events.  I have now been doing it for a little over a year.  The major part of this calling is to plan pack meetings once a month for the cub scouts and their families.  Yesterday was the Blue and Gold banquet.  It is like a birthday party for the scouting program.  It is also a dinner.  We had a potato bar. This year we celebrated 100 years of scouting.

Here is me reading a few trivia facts of what life was like 100 years ago (like eggs costing 14 cents, max MPH for cars was 10, etc)


I also made a 10 minute slide show of pictures from the last year of scouting.  Thanks dad for helping!!!

Colton and Chase and their grandma made an incredible looking (and tasting) cake.  It is a monster truck climbing a large mountain with boulders on it.


There were lots of other amazing cakes that the cub scouts made.  You can find them on our scout blog at http://sunnyside-pack135.blogspot.com/.


For those of you living in the same house as me, I apologize for being so stressed out during pack meeting weeks.  I know for the few days leading up to pack meeting that everything else falls by the wayside.

2 comments:

  1. where is the comment that says " my wife plans pack meeting" and I pretend it was me
    in front of everyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, you are a HUGE help. Yes, many of the ideas were yours!

    By the way, I loved your comment on the slip of paper in the "My Favorite Things About Cub Scouts" bowl. "The Cubmaster" :)

    ReplyDelete