Friday, April 9, 2010

Panda Shot

I went for a quick ride to Wolverine Canyon today.  It was a bit windy, but I love going up and down the "rollers" near the canyon.  It is very much like a roller coaster.  Here is a picture of one of the hills:


I hit 35 mph going down that one.  4 mph going up :)

Here is another one...


The area is a bit dry looking.  It isn't yet spring here in Idaho.  This should green up in a month or two.





You are probably wondering about "Panda Shot".  There are no panda's here in Idaho so you don't have to worry.  One did not get shot.  I have recently learned that a "Panda" shot is a picture of yourself while riding the bike (preferrably at a slow speed without any accidents).  Here is my first attempt at a panda shot:


Luckily you cant see the sheer terror I felt as I put the camera down to find I was gaining speed quickly down the hill.

On a separate note, a few days ago I got my "Rider in Training" long sleeve shirt for my Tour de Cure ride I have coming up on June 12th in Brigham City, UT.  Doesn't it look awesome!  It makes me feel like I can fly!




No comments:

Post a Comment