It was Carters first year where he was old enough to come. To celebrate we got him a Utah Jazz jersey. #26 Kyle Korver. He had no idea who Korver was but he said he loved it anyway. Mostly because it made him officially one of the "big" kids. At the game he got to watch Korver warm up and was impressed that he made all but two of his practice shots.
I knew we were not going to have the best seats, but what I didn't realize is that we were going to be on the last row. It was quite the hike to the nosebleed section. I got my exercise going up and down the stairs for treats, bathroom breaks, etc. When we first got there Carter looked scared to death of being so high up. And he admitted that he was. There were some fold up chairs behind us. Colton told me we were right in front of the "FREE" seats. I think he was hoping to be on the front row.
Katie, Josh, Ben, and Susan were also at the game sitting in a different section. Colton had fun watching them through the binoculars.
I would have loved to have taken so photos at the game, but it says cameras are prohibited. I am not sure how the people in front of us managed to sneak their full size DSLR camera in. Frustrating...
The other major hightlight of the trip was .... CHUCK E CHEESES.
This was Carters first time EVER going to Chuck E Cheese. After we got settled I each gave them 35 tokens (half of their allotted amount). Within 10 minutes Carter had used all of them on this game:

Stick a token in, 3-5 tickets come out. Stick another one in...more tickets. I was able to convince him to try a few other games with the remaining tokens. He was able to accumulate quite a few tickets.

And the prizes where well worth it.

Yummy!!!

Chase had a different strategy. He found a game that was kicking out 250 tickets at a time (if you were lucky, had enough patience, and enough tokens). He ended up with nearly 800 tickets by the time we were done.

Chase went for the rocket launcher:

Colton was less interested in tickets and more interested in Basketball, and car racing games.

He challenged Chase to a basketball shootout:

Our trip ended with a visit to Temple Square, which was right across the street from the hotel. We watched a couple videos about families and took a few pictures.


We took our coats, but the weather was much warmer than we are used to in Idaho Falls. A few flowers were in bloom:

I loved this quote.
We sure had a great trip!!!!



Carter's 7 and he's never been to Chuck E. Cheeses? Wow! I can't believe you got so many tickets! We've never gotten over 100 tickets. We went for a birthday a few weeks ago and it was my first time out with the baby. She was not happy to be carried around in the Baby Bjorn, but I had to help Eli because he kept putting coins in and just walking away when he couldn't figure out what to do. Finally she got so mad she just stopped breathing for about 20 seconds with her face all crinkled up ready to scream. Then she let out a wail and I gave up helping Eli and went and sat down until their coins were gone. I was exhausted by the end.
ReplyDeleteDid you go to the Astro's game with us in Houston? We sat up at the very top of the stadium and it was scary climbing all those really steep steps. I felt like if we leaned over too far forward, we'd tumble down the all the stairs.
Carter was too little when he lived in Houston and SLC is the closed one to us. Not very convenient, but it makes for a good annual activity. It was surprisingly enjoyable with just the 3 older kids!
ReplyDelete